Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Night Before St. Patricks Day



It's time to "set" those traps! I read this story to my students and then they put there traps around the class room and prepare to "catch" a leprechaun.


When the kiddos leave I magically turn into the "leprechaun" hehe...now remember they are sneaky and like to leave messes. I leave some sparkle string all over each students trap so they know that he was there. I also mess up the classroom by turning things over, stacking things on top of each other, and other silly things the leprechaun might have done. 


Most importantly I leave a note from the leprechaun on each students desk. This note I found on a cute blog last year and have not been able to find it again so I will be making my own. 


I also left gold chocolate coins on each students desk last year which I purchased again. Then I saw The Teacher Wifes  idea with the YUMMY keebler cookies and creating the hats so I have to do this as well.

Happy day before St. Patricks Day!
     

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We did something very similar - that is my favorite St. P's Day book! Check out our traps that we made...

    http://sothentherewere2.blogspot.com

    :o)

    ReplyDelete